Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My right hand

Dear all!

Jessica weighed in at 4kg's on the dot today and Sarah weighed in at 3.92kg's, and Cred said they are doing really well! Yaaaaaaaaay! Brad will add to the stats on the top right ;)

Sindiswa (who goes by the name of Viv) our nanny started last Tuesday and is great with the girls. When they are both screaming for food (and this generally happens at the same time as the set each other off), Viv holds one whilst I feed the other...and it's a system that works, because they don't get to a state of hyperventilation, and neither do I !
Viv starts at 8am and leaves at 3.30pm. I usually then take them for a walk and start the bath proceedings by 4.30pm so the girls are all in bed by 5.30pm. I'm sure I'll get faster, but for now it takes about 30-minutes each...as time is spent pacifying the waiting/finished one. I've started reading Peter Pan to them...OK trying to...as the crying whilst they settle down interrupts a bit, then it's lights out by 6pm.

At the mo they feed every 2 hours in the day, and are then doing 4-hourly and sometimes 3-hourly feeds at night, which is great. However sometimes it always isn't so easy to get them back to sleep after a feed, and I can stand there for up to an hour whilst they niggle and whimper.
Brad complains about how tired he is, and surprised I ask why, as he mostly sleeps through all the feeds...but then he tells me after I've passed out comatose after a feed, he's the one standing at the baskets trying to get them to sleep ;)))))....aaah the bliss of ignorance?

Signing off....night night & God Bless
Linda xxx

No comments: