09h45 - Phone Colette at Dr Hinz's rooms just before I start my Pilates class...will hear diagnosis when I'm done.
11h05 - Phone Colette back and she says she's made an appointment with the sonographer at Vincent Pallotti Hospital at 11am...so I have to get there quick quick and they'll fit me in. Lucky I took a change of clothes with me!
11h25 - Waiting in the waiting room and they call me in after about 15 minutes. Lie on the bed and chatting to the sonographer who puts the jel on my belly and starts moving it about just like you see in the movies :)
She asks me ever so casually, "are there twins in your family"
To which I reply, "no not in Brad's and not in mine....oh Mary-Jane (my Dad's cousin) had twins in the 80's but that's about all I know".
"well I can see two"
"pardon"
"there are two embryo's"
"are you sure you're not looking at the same one twice"
"no definitely not my dear"....."wait I'll show you"
"oh my G*d...my husband's going to freak"...and by now I can't stop giggling and laughing so my tummy is bouncing up and down and she can't get a steady picture.
"no he won't, it's a Happy Valentine's present...tell him tomorrow"
Another Doctor Cilliers then comes in to also have a look, probably because I'm so sceptical about there being two....and confirms that yes, there are definitely two embryo's, two heartbeats, two placentas....which means that they won't be identical as they're each in their own little sack...which is a good thing, as they each have their own pacenta to feed off!
Pay the bill, halfway to the car when I realise I really have to go, bladder really full. Phone Brad when I'm in the loo....good news is that the bleeding means it's not an etopic pregnancy, but the other news is that I'm pregnant with twins...silence...then "oh f*ck".
That kind of changes everything....my car, the pram we were going to get, the changes to Warthog to accommodate one now has to change to two, and basically going to have to get two of everything, how to fit them into the "nursery"....and Brad's brain is working overtime...even I can hear it ticking over ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment