Monday, July 14, 2008

Mon 14th July 2008 - week 29

Morning all!

Brad has a headcold so we spent a quiet weekend on the couch watching all the awesome sport and snoozing. However with another perfect winter's day yesterday, we went for a nice walk on the beach to get some sun and happy serotonin :) Today I have a bung'd up head, so will continue to take it easy, wrapped up nice and warm with lots of tissues handy! Lovely.

My Mom asked me this morning, what I'm wearing now...well...99% of Brad's clothes...all his nice warm and cuddly Cape Storm stuff and his tracksuit pants, without which I'd surely freeze to death...haaa haaa! Thanks my darling!
I bought 4 pairs of jeans and 2 tops, and can't fit into 1 pair any longer, as they are way too tight over my tummy, causing the babies and I great discomfort ;) Preggie jeans aren't necessarily made to fit twin tummies. The tops are pretty but don't offer any warmth. My feeling....I'd rather be warm and look like a tank/whale ;)
Don't know what I'd do if I was still working....designer hessian sacks! But luckily only the neighbours and tellers at PnP and WW get to see my ensemble for the day. If I get any larger, I think I'll just wear the duvet and order in...haaaa haaaa!

The babies woke me up this morning kicking like crazy and are very active. It's an amazing feeling and I really wish I could see what is going on inside - how they are interacting with each other, and moving about.

Also to let you know that you can click on any photo on the blog and it will enlarge....you then just use your arrow to go back one page and it'll take you back to the blog.

Just a quick update on what's happening this week.

I am now 29 weeks pregnant:

about your body
You're now two thirds of the way through your pregnancy. The next few months are a great time to start getting your body, mind and home ready for the arrival of your baby. Your blood volume is at its highest now. This means your blood is also more diluted and so you're most susceptible to anaemia (a shortage of oxygen in the blood). Anaemia can pose a risk during birth and make you susceptible to infection so make sure you see your doctor. S/he will prescribe an iron supplement. You can prevent it by resting a lot and eating a well balanced diet.
your growing baby
Many babies start to adopt an upside down position at this time with their heads pushing into the pelvis, although this may only happen in labour. Wow! Nerve circuits in your baby's cerebral cortex (for conscious thought and remembering) are already as advanced as those of a newborn. Strangely the fingernails are fully grown but the toenails are not.
tips for dad
We're assuming that you've been taking photographs throughout the pregnancy, but if not, now is definitely the time to start. Before you know it, this nine months will be over ? and your new family will be a reality.

No comments: